A range of music Vidoes I enjoy
The music director for this video is Paul Hunter. The reason
I thoroughly enjoy this video is because it has such a smooth style, and works
really well with the beat of the track. I like how the camera cuts between people’s
faces showing a medium close-up panning in to close-ups, highlighting the tension
that is going on in the room and between different characters; this sets a scene for the story and makes the
audience intrigued. I enjoy how Paul,
almost covers Michaels face in every close-up, by only showing one side of his
face, which is almost shadowed under his hat, it gives Michael a fierce edge
which fits perfectly into the story and the theme. My favourite part of this video is where Michaels
track cuts out and the sound becomes non diegetic, and he is joined by several
men on a stage that are dressed the same as him, you hear them enter by the
sound of their feet dropping to the floor. Paul’s idea for this scene was
amazing as it really intrigued the audience. The mise-en-scene of all the
dancers on the stage in the same position looks fantastic and has a really good
effect, all you can hear is the sound of the characters breathing, against a slight
background music, they work really well together, giving the right effect for the video.
No comments:
Post a Comment