Saturday, 11 August 2012


 

Another video I chose was Nicki Minaj 'Pound the Alarm' by RedOne, Carl Falk & Rami Yacoub, and co-written by Onika. This video shows a really good range of camera work, the beat and tempo of the track is fast the whole way throughout the video. I like how the camera jumps straight in and zooms in and out, following Nicki Minaj as she walks towards it, i think this has a good effect on the audience as it’s like she’s looking and singing directly to you. The camera jump cuts from Nicki Minaj’s face to other girls faces, showing a close up each time, this is to emphasise the speed of the track and highlight what the song is about. I like how the directors, chose to constantly have the video moving at a fast pace, the camera tilts and pans in and out a lot, to give this chosen effect. A favourite effect of mine in this video is where the sound effect changes making the song sound quicker and muffled, whilst this is happening the camera blurs the image of Nicki Minaj and the dancers around her, the camera tilts and pans at the same time, making the image shake and move quicker. The overall effect of these put together works really well. Another aspect of this video I enjoy is the amount of different colours used through costumes and backgrounds that the directors used; it fits perfectly with the song type.

No comments:

Post a Comment